There are so many things that you can do to keep your pregnant wife happy. Pregnancy is a difficult time for a woman, and she will need lots of support and love from you. Not only is it hard for her emotionally, being pregnant is also physically draining. Did you know that she burns more calories while lying on the couch than you do lifting weights at the gym? Keep that in mind next time she is too tired to cook. Trust me, if you try to keep her happy, it will make your life so much easier. She will appreciate all of your efforts! Here are some tips that I learned while my wife was pregnant.
Steps to Keep Your Pregnant Wife Happy
1. Cook dinner for her occasionally. Just try to avoid foods that she doesn’t like. Ask her what sounds good before you throw on that apron. There was one night that I decided to make Nadia some hamburgers, and she ended up throwing up from the smell of the cooking meat. Not exactly helpful.
2. Tell her every day how beautiful she is. Her self esteem is probably suffering, so try to show her that you still think that she is pretty. There is a good chance that she thinks that you aren’t attracted to her anymore because of her growing stomach, which probably isn’t true. When she does her makeup or hair, comment on it. Positively, that is. Go ahead, tell her how hot she looks in that new dress. It will make her feel good to know that you still find her attractive.
3. Make time for her. This one sort of coincides with the one above. Show her how much you care about her. Take her to dinner, snuggle with her on the couch, or come home early from work just to be with her. Life is hectic, but it is important to make time for each other, especially during pregnancy.
4. Be excited about the baby. This one seems like a no-brainer, but it is important. Your pregnant wife will be so pleased with you if you are excited about the pending arrival of your child. When you go to create your baby registry, be enthusiastic. Ask for one of those fancy schmancy scanners for yourself, and get that registry filled up! Let her know how much you are looking forward to holding your baby. Don’t brush her off when she wants to talk about baby names. Help her decorate the nursery. Put the baby furniture together without being asked. Kiss and talk to her belly. That will not only be a sure way to make your pregnant wife happy, it will also help you bond with your unborn child. Your wife will eat it up!
5. If she is experiencing morning sickness, sympathize with her. Bring her saltines and ginger ale. Hold her hair back when she vomits and keep up with the housework for her. Do everything that you can to make her feel better. Buy her some Preggie Pops and Sea Bands. You may also want to check out our page on morning sickness so you can be, “in the know”. Morning sickness is the real deal, and it usually lasts all day, not just in the morning. Imagine having the stomach flu for weeks on end. Now go get her some ginger ale!
6. Help her keep the house clean. I am not saying that you have to turn into Molly Maid. But help her out around the house! After a certain point, she will probably have trouble doing things like dishes and cleaning the floors. That big ol’ belly tends to get in the way. Stuff a balloon in your shirt and try to do the dishes. It’s damn near impossible. If you help her out by keeping the sink clear of dishes, the floors clean, the trash empty and the laundry washed, she will be so grateful. Even if you can only do these things occasionally, she will appreciate it.
7. Don’t pick fights with her. She will be moody, sensitive, and possibly whiny. Try not to upset her even more. If she tries to pick a fight with you, just consider the source. Her hormones are all out of whack while she is pregnant, so cut her some slack. Remember that your relationship is extremely important. Stay away from arguments, no matter how tempting it might be to fight back. And whatever happens, don’t tell her that she is being hormonal. Take it from me.
8. Be willing to drive to the store in the middle of the night occasionally to buy her what she is craving. It’s cliche, I know. But she will be very appreciative if you go out and buy her those salt and vinegar chips and an ice cream sandwich, no matter what time of night it is.
9. Avoid all comments about her size. Do not tell her that she is getting big. Do not comment on the size of her rear. If she asks you if she looks fat, say no. Do not say yes. Do not say tell her that she is supposed to look big because she is pregnant. That will hurt her feelings, and make her feel like she is unattractive. Tell her that her boobs look amazing. Trust me on this one.
Keeping your pregnant wife happy isn’t always easy, but these tips, most of which I have learned the hard way, will help you keep her smiling.
Incoming search terms:
- pregnant wife
- how to make your pregnant wife happy
- how to make my pregnant wife happy
- how to keep pregnant wife happy
- how to make pregnant wife happy
- how to keep your pregnant wife happy
- how to help your pregnant wife
- how to keep a pregnant woman happy
- how to make a pregnant woman happy
- how to keep wife happy during pregnancy